Kids' Teeth Cleaning in NYC
Dental cleanings are recommended once every six months for all patients of Park View Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics in NYC. Regular cleanings help keep gums healthy and teeth cavity-free. At our Upper East Side pediatric dentistry, we have been keeping children’s teeth healthy and bright since 1986 with preventive dental care. Learn more below, or request an appointment online. Also serving 5th avenue, the greater Central Park area, & more!
What’s involved during my child’s dental cleaning?
Pediatric dental cleanings are performed by our experienced and caring dental hygienists and involve:
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a film that forms on the teeth from the combination of bacteria, food debris, and saliva. Plaque can produce toxins that inflame the gums, causing gingivitis (an early stage of gum disease).
- Removal of calculus (tartar): When left on the teeth for an extended period of time, plaque hardens into a material called calculus, also known as tartar. Calculus may form above or below the gum line and requires removal with specialized dental instruments.
- Teeth polishing: Every cleaning appointment concludes with teeth polishing to remove stains and plaque that may not be removed during regular tooth brushing.
What types of problems can regular dental cleanings for kids help avoid?
Regular pediatric dental cleanings can help children avoid common dental problems including:
- Tooth decay (dental caries)
- Gum disease
- Tooth loss
- Bone damage
- Bad breath (halitosis) caused by plaque buildup
- Stained teeth
Every kid’s dental cleaning appointment at Park View Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics will also involve a comprehensive oral exam from one of our pediatric dentists. This will help to identify any tooth decay, early signs of gum disease and oral cancer. When necessary, diagnostic digital X-rays may also be taken in-office in order to ensure a thorough examination.
- “Park View couldn’t have been more incredible with my nervous 4-year old. From the front desk, to Dr. Parikh and the two other staff members we met in the soothing room we got overlooking the park on 61st—the whole place was just right for both child and parent.” – C.D.
- “We could not be more impressed with this office. From start to finish the entire experience is nothing but seamless. This team of professionals are truly above and beyond what it means to be amazing- thank you to Dr. Rima and the whole Park View team, you are all exceptional and so appreciated.” – J.R.
- “Skilled care, light-hearted atmosphere, exceptional service in the city – we are so grateful to have found this practice! Our daughter is always so excited to go to the dentist, honestly. Don’t hesitate, this is the best dentist in NYC for children.” – S.H.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
If you need to schedule a dental cleaning for your child, call our office at (212) 879-6518 or request an appointment.Park View Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics serves 5th avenue the Upper East Side, the greater Central Park area, & more.