Getting your child psyched about taking care of their teeth and gums may seem like a daunting task as a parent, but there are a few recommendations our team at Park View Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics may suggest to ensure your kids are taking care of their smiles between dental visits.
Below are some tips for building a foundation of healthy smiles for life:
- Establish a routine. Create a consistent schedule for brushing and flossing. Have your child brush twice daily and floss at least once per day, in the morning or evening. Make it fun by buying kid-friendly toothbrushes, flavored toothpaste, and interactive apps to help them keep track of their brushing habits each day.
- Lead by example. Show your children that oral hygiene is important to you as well! Let them watch you brush and floss every day so they can learn healthy habits from you.
- Reward success. Offer incentives like stickers or small toys when your kids brush for two minutes twice a day for a week or longer. This will help motivate them to stay on track with their oral hygiene routine.
- Make it fun. Make brushing and flossing an activity to look forward to by singing songs while your child brushes or playing a game where they have to find all the places food can hide in between teeth!
- Visit Park View Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics of New York, NY, regularly. Show your children that going to the dentist is a normal and necessary part of life. Schedule regular dental visits for your kids so they become comfortable visiting us here at Park View Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics. We strive to make dentistry fun, safe, and educational for our patients!
Follow These Tips To Get Your Children Excited About Daily Oral Health Habits and Ensure a Healthy Smile From Now Until Adulthood!
If you need help with getting your child to follow the daily tasks necessary to keep the teeth and gums clean and free from disease, call our New York, NY area practice today at 212-879-6518 to book an appointment at Park View Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics.