Use orthodontics for a beautiful smile!
At Park View Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, children in the New York, NY area have access to general, cosmetic, and restorative dental solutions for their smiles. When children have misaligned teeth or poor bite alignment, it may be time to consider the advantages of orthodontic treatments to obtain a more beautiful smile.
What are orthodontics used for?
We utilize orthodontics for many purposes here at Park View Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics. Orthodontics can:
- Close gaps between the front teeth
- Address bite alignment issues to reduce wear of natural teeth and dental restorations
- Improve the alignment of the teeth in the dental arch for a more attractive appearance
- Reduce the problems associated with temporomandibular joint disorders
What types of orthodontic treatments are available?
At our practice, we are pleased to offer two types of orthodontic treatment for our patients to consider:
- Traditional braces – for patients with moderate to severe misalignment and malocclusion, traditional braces may be a strong choice. Traditional braces use metal brackets bonded to the front of the teeth that are connected together using an arched wire. This wire helps move the teeth into better positions to improve the bite and alignment.
- Invisalign – an alternative to traditional braces includes our Invisalign therapy. Invisalign is a method of realigning the teeth that is achieved by wearing clear plastic trays. These trays are worn for two weeks at a time, and patients progress through the series of trays to reach their final alignment. Invisalign is a popular choice for many of our older children and teenagers who want to improve their smile but want to avoid the metal brackets and wires on their teeth. Invisalign makes it easier for children to maintain good oral health habits as well, as they are removable for simple brushing and flossing.
Call Park View Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics today!
Children who are dealing with poor bite alignment or misalignment of their teeth are encouraged to visit a pediatric dental practice that offers solutions for long-term success. Our dentists are here to help children in the New York, NY area with their orthodontic needs and invites new families to consider dental work with our staff. Call (212) 879-6518 today to request your appointment.